Reupholstery Project

Sooooo excited to share the results of the nursery rocker re-upholstery project! One of the things I love so much about the mid-century modern movement is the furniture; how well it was made, and made to last. I don’t think there’s anything more fun than rescuing a vintage piece of furniture, and bringing it up to date – INSTEAD of buying new, over-priced furniture that is both cheap and did I mention over-priced? HA! New rocking chairs for a nursery run into the 4 digit figures. Can you imagine paying $1000 + for a rocking chair or glider? Me neither. On with our story.

A very good friend referred me to a local guy who did a fantastic job with our Craigslist-found chair that rocks, swivels and swishes.

I’ll cut to the chase – and feature the before photo:

BEFORE
BEFORE

I found some fabric that made me swoon at PopDecorFabrics on Etsy. As soon as it was delivered, I ran it over to my main man, Ruben.

PopDecorFabrics, you rock me!
PopDecorFabrics, you rock me!

He does beautiful work, as you’ll see……

Holy Orange Goodness!!!!
Holy Orange Goodness!!!!

No seriously. Let’s see that again:

Nursery Rocker 004

Now to make it baby puke-proof… but that’s a project for another day.

This week, I’ve been painting up a storm on my “Goodwill bookcase project” – and I’m hoping to be able to reveal that next week. This is going to be a DIY nursery if there ever was one, and I’m going to take you with me step by step!